Workshop Topics on Addiction Prevention
GOAL can come alongside your team to provide additional educational support to equip and sustain your program/ministry. If you would like a GOAL trainer to provide education on any of the topics listed below, contact GOAL at 717-824-3310 or email: email@example.com. We look forward to working with you to bring healing to our community.
- Addiction as a Family Disease – 6 hr workshop that can be divided into two 3hr sessions. In two 6 hr sessions, participants prepare and present their own Genograms. Participants receive booklet.
- Addiction, Family Issues, Recovery and Healing – Special 3 hr training for clergy with Manual. Clergy keep manual and pamphlets.
- Congregational Awareness and Empowerment or How Addiction Affects Members of your Congregation – Basic 6 hr workshop that can be facilitated in two 3 hr sessions. Trainer presentations and panel discussion.
- Coping after Overdose Death – 4 hr trainer presentation with participant activities and handouts.
- Healing Hope for Bruised Souls – An in depth 8 hr workshop (in two segments) for Stephen and Care ministers with a teaching manual that covers addition and mental health issues, assessment tools, and describing the healing process. Participants keep manual. Pastoral care situations discussed.
- Heroin Epidemic: In Your Community; In your Congregation; Hope and Help
6 hr workshop that can be divided into two 3 hr sessions. Trainer presentations and panel discussion.
- Interventions – An 8 hr workshop divided into 2 sessions.
- Is Addiction a Disease? In this 4-6 hr workshop a presenter explains the spiritual, psychological, relational and spiritual aspects of the addiction sickness.
- Mentoring Issues – A 3 hr guided discussion on how to help and how not to help, with a special emphasis on enabling.
- Opioid Dependency: Reviving and Caring – Two hr. trainer presentation and demonstration of administering Narcan. Participants receive a kit, Narcan, and Resource booklet.
- ROSC Training and Booster Workshop – A 6 hr workshop with trainer presentation and participant activities
- Signs and Symptoms of Addiction – A 6 hr workshop led by a physician trainer.
- Support Groups: Kinds and Effectiveness – A 6 hr practicum, with explanation and practice in different kinds of support groups.
- The 12-steps – A 4 hr presentation and what they are, how they work, and their origins.
- The Heart of Addiction – A 3 hr workshop with a testimony and panel discussion.