Equipping Faith Leaders
6 PCB credits
August 31, 2019, 9am-4pm
Workshop Goal: Equip religious leaders (both clergy and laity) with information to take the next steps in developing a congregational prevention and recovery support team ministry run by lay leaders.
Location: Calvary United Methodist Church
11 N. Richland Ave., York, PA 17404
Who Should Attend? We recommend at least one clergy person and one lay leader or administrative support person.
You will leave this workshop …
– understanding the role of the congregation in addressing opiate and other substance use disorders;
– identifying barriers and demonstrating specific steps to initiate an effective team ministry;
– recognizing the roles and expectations of congregational leadership (both clergy and laity);
– explaining the work of a prevention and recovery support ministry team.
Presenter: Drew Brooks
Drew is the Executive Director of Faith Partners and has extensive experience in developing congregational team ministries in prevention and addiction recovery.
Congregational investment for our 3-part anchor series is $125. The training package includes 5 ministry guides:
- Lighting the Path for Clergy Leadership;
- Guiding the Journey for Ministry Leader;
- Serving Our Congregation for Ministry Members;
- Developing The Ministry, Tools for the Team;
- Making a Difference, Team Members Guide.
Not sure if you want to attend all 3 workshops but want to join us for the first session to learn more? Contact GOAL Project by email: email@example.com or by phone: (717) 824-3310
Supported by: Lancaster County Drug & Alcohol Commission, Compass Mark, Northeastern York School District