6 PCB Credit Hours
February 29th, 2020, 9am-4pm
Workshop Goal: Equip religious leaders (both clergy and laity) with information to take the next steps in developing a
congregational prevention and recovery support team
ministry run by lay leaders. Click photo to view PDF
Location: Florin Church of the Brethren; 815 Bruce Ave., Mount Joy, 17552
Who should attend?
We recommend at least one clergy person and one lay leader or administrative support person.
You will leave this workshop …
– understanding the role of the congregation in addressing opiate and other substance use disorders;
– identifying barriers and demonstrating specific steps to initiate an effective team ministry;
– recognizing the roles and expectations of congregational leadership (both clergy and laity);
– explaining the work of a prevention and recovery support ministry team.
Presenters: Steven J. Schedler, Steve Brubaker
Congregational investment for our 3-part anchor series is $125 (not sure if you want to attend all 3 workshops but want to join us for the first session to learn more? Come as our guest – contact GOAL Project by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (717) 824-3310.) The training package includes 5 ministry guides:
- Lighting the Path for Clergy Leadership;
- Guiding the Journey for Ministry Leader;
- Serving Our Congregation for Ministry Members;
- Developing The Ministry, Tools for the Team;
- Making a Difference, Team Members Guide
Supported by: Lancaster County Drug & Alcohol Commission, Compass Mark, and Legacy Mennonite Foundation